These terms and conditions apply on the date identified as the commencement date of the contract, whether verbal or written.
Inspire Computer Training Ltd trading as ComputerXplorers Birmingham, Company Registration Number 07419350 (The Company) undertakes to provide educational activities (Class or Workshop) to young people (Your Child) or direct to a school, a camp provider, a pre-school or similar (Establishment/Organisation) either after school, during school time or during school holiday periods.
The purpose of these Terms of Business is to explain to you what your rights and obligations are and what rights and obligations The Company has. The terms of this agreement are governed by English law and any dispute shall be resolved within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
1. Fees and Payments for Classes paid for by Parents/Carers
- 1.1 The Company’s fees for providing a Class are as advertised on any promotional material relating to the specific class at the specific location.
- 1.2 For after school/extracurricular courses, payment will be required, in full before the start of any Class and before any place is reserved or allocated for Your Child on a Class.
- 1.3 In the event that The Company is unable to deliver a Class in full as described you will be notified immediately and given an immediate refund of all fees paid for the undelivered Class.
- 1.4 In the event that The Company is unable to deliver a Class in part you will be notified immediately and given details of any alternative Class. You will have the option to receive an immediate refund for the part of The Class not attended by Your Child if they are unable to attend the alternative Class.
- 1.5 If an After School Class is cancelled due to school closure or cancelled by the school, the class will be rescheduled where possible. This may include the use of lunchtime sessions or alternative days.
- 1.6 For a course to run there must be a minimum number of participants. Should the minimum number not be achieved you will be notified and a full refund given, if money has already been accepted.
- 1.7 No refunds will be made in the event that Your Child is unable to attend all or part of any Class that runs as advertised.
- 1.8 Payment must be made via the website at the time of booking.
2. Fees and Payments for Classes paid for by an Establishment/Organisation
- 2.1 The Company’s fees for providing a Class or Workshop are as agreed with the individual client Establishment/Organisation.
- 2.2 For Workshops and other 'in-school' Classes spanning less than 30 days an invoice will be raised immediately upon completion.
- 2.3 For 'in-school' activities that span more than 30 days, an invoice will be raised at the end of each calendar month.
- 2.4 Invoice payment terms are 30 days.
- 2.5 Any variation to these terms is only valid if confirmed in writing by The Company. Any variation takes precedence over the terms stated here.
- 2.6 Payment must be made by bank transfer in line with the details on the invoice. Payment by cheque can be accepted by prior arrangement with The Company.
- 2.7 In the event that The Company is unable to deliver a Class or Workshop in full you will be notified immediately and given an immediate refund of any fees paid for the undelivered Workshop.
- 2.8 In the event that The Company is unable to deliver a Class or Workshop in part you will be notified immediately and given details of any alternative arrangements.
3. Your Obligations - for Classes paid for by Parents/Carers
- 3.1 Provide The Company with contact details of any person(s) who should be contacted by it in the event of an emergency - this applies to Parents/Carers of children in After School/ Extracurricular/ Holiday classes as well as representatives of Establishments/Organisations.
- 3.2 Parents/Carers of children in After School/ Extracurricular/ Holiday classes must provide The Company with the arrangements for the collection of Your Child from a Class.
- 3.3 Parents/Carers of children in After School/ Extracurricular/ Holiday classes should ensure that Your Child is at the required location on the required date and at the required time for a Class.
4. Your Obligations - for Classes paid for Schools or Establishments
- 4.1 To provide suitable facilities (including access to computer terminals and/or laptops or tablets which are fully charged) for Sessions to take place.
- 4.2 To provide access to computer terminals and the necessary information to enable software and peripherals to be installed before Sessions start.
- 4.3 To provide the Company with specific and relevant information of pupil’s medical conditions / SEN.
- 4.4 To brief the Company regarding all relevant School procedures and policies which may be relevant to the delivery of the Sessions including any existing discipline policy.
- 4.4 To inform the Company of any changes to the Sessions (including timetabling and/or content) at least 16 working days in advance. Changes are restricted to a maximum of 2 sessions per year unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Company.
- 4.5 To inform the Company as soon as possible of any issues or breaches or variations to this Agreement.
- 4.6 To agree with the Company any changes to the delivery of the Service or amendments to this Agreement.
- 4.7 The School will provide, when possible, a suitably qualified teaching assistant at all Sessions
- 4.8 The School will take responsibility for children immediately before and after the teaching sessions. The Company will assist with end of day dismissal if requested. In such cases, all relevant safeguarding information must be provided to the Company in advance.
Notice of Your Right to Cancel - for Classes paid for by Parents/Carers
- 5.1 If Your Child is withdrawn from a class more than 21 days before the scheduled start date of the first session a full refund will be provided.
- 5.2 If Your Child is withdrawn from a club between 7 and 21 days before the scheduled start date of the first session a 50% refund will be provided.
- 5.3 Refunds will not be available for a withdrawal later than 7 days before the scheduled start date of the first session.
- 5.4 Notice of cancellation must be confirmed in writing. Notice of cancellation is accepted by email. Where notice of cancellation is posted, it is recommended that it is sent by Signed For Delivery, however cancellation will be deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent to The Company.
- 5.5 The Company will acknowledge receipt of notice of cancellation in writing within 14 days.
Notice of Your Right to Cancel - Establishment/Organisation
- 5.6 Should the School find it necessary to cancel the lesson(s) the School should inform the Company by way of email to [email protected]
- 5.7 If cancellation is in accordance with Clause 4 no charge will be levied. Cancellation of between 15 working days and 5 working days inclusive, will incur a charge of 80% of usual rate. Cancellations outside of these times will be charged at full rate.
- 5.8 This Agreement may be cancelled by either the Company or the School by giving at least one full term written notice to the other.
*For Classes or Workshops held during the school term, the number of days notice applies to days within term time.
- Cancellation of classes by the Company:
- 6.1 If you are not happy with any aspect of service provided by The Company, you should contact our Company representative, Stephen Hall and Fiona McGuigan, via the contact details on this website.
6.2 This complaints procedure does not prevent you from seeking other means of redress.
The Company has Personal Accident Insurance of a maximum of £20,000 to cover claims in the event of an accident to an adult or child arising in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands as a result of actions by the Company.
The Company has Public Liability Insurance of £5 million to cover claims and losses or damages in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands arising from action by it.